Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Spring is in the air

When I was younger I used to feel trapped an depressed when Fall came to a close and winter arrived. The past two years have not been this way for me though. I am actually enjoying the seasons as they are here. I have to say that I am thrilled to see the bulbs popping up though--it's perfectly timed.

Evie is getting to the age now where she is more self sufficient and my brain has been able to take somewhat of a breather. When Asa was her age, she was already 2 months old. It's nice to have some order back to life and also be able to enjoy the wonderful traits my 2 and 5 year olds have. I love to hear them sing. I know they won't always want to sing me songs. We have been reading in my bed before they go to sleep at night. They love it and get so cooperative with bed time routines now. I love cuddling with them and enjoying them. I love when Asa calls me into his room--after he is supposed to be sleeping--to tell me something that happened at school. I love when Evie tells me "Mom, you're my best friend" ...then goes on to tell all of her family members the same thing. I am so happy with my life, and am working on being more content as the days pass. I feel so blessed to live in this home with my children and husband in this safe country. Issues I go through are so minuscule compared to peoples suffering around the world. I am so thankful for my church too. What an awesome bunch of servants. I feel so blessed to have so many godly, wise older people in my life to advise and encourage me when I am going through something, or even when everything is great. I see how many people don't have this opportunity, and therefore don't really mature, grow or learn..I never want to take for granted what I have been given, I never want to be unteachable.

I have been working on ancestry more lately--or maybe about the same amount as usual. In my research I have obtained a couple family recipes and am thrilled to try them out!!
I wonder if home prices will continue to slump over the next couple years; 2013 would be the year we originally had wanted to have our house flipped and sold by. We changed our mind this year to stay. Now I wonder if we can because our new mortgage company is giving us grief. I hope that even if we don't sell the house then, that we will have it finished. Sometimes when I start a project at home, it encourages my man to start one of his as well. I guess I have more than a few good reasons to finish re-grouting the tile in our bathroom!! It's a mess too, Evie spilled pink nail polish all over the grout that hadn't been fully cleaned up, so I have a lot of scrubbing and digging and re-grouting to do, a hard job that will take a long time and I honestly don't want to even start.

I should get my chores done now so that I can do special jobs like that when I get an extra minute.

1 comment:

Beck said...

Summer's here now. Are you hot yet?! I love to sweet times with my kids. Reconnecting and growing closer with them. What a wonderful blessing we have to be able to do that. :)