Wednesday, December 24, 2008

economically friendly

I found this site and thought it was a good concept for saving ink, therefore saving money, all the while masquerading as someone VERY concerned with saving the environment.

Now for another cool link. I have been contemplating which type of flooring I want for my kitchen. It has to be inexpensive, easy to install, clean, add to resale value and if possible be "green".

I love tile, but its expensive, work to install and not very fun to clean.

Wood floors aren't good for kitchens unless they are finished after installation and that is too much work. (I'll put cork and bamboo in this same line)

Linoleum--although it doesn't add much value to your kitchen--is inexpensive, easy to install, clean and according to this website (and this one)is very "green". Something to think about. Maybe when we sell we can play the "green" card and list all the environmentally friendly items in the house and profit off of it. Am I cheap? Yes, but thats what green can be about, having less waste, wasting less money etc. Although it's not always cheap to be green.

If all Cheapo's save money and all Lauren's are Cheapo's, and all Lauren's are Green does this mean that all Green saves money? Yes! BUT All Green does not equal Cheap. I failed.

Also even if we choose not to go with linoleum, we currently have it, and that link assured me that the landfill is the best place for it when we tear it up!

Laminate is what we have throughout the house because of ease of installation, and its pretty! Apparently even laminate isn't harmful either! Though not a good idea for the kitchen as it's not water proof.

I'm having a good day!!!

No comments: