Thursday, April 15, 2010

Do YOU really need it?

So after trying the laundry detergent, i can say it works great. Though I used too much the first time, filling the cap to "3" is for normal loads, but I guess our water is really soft of something, so the second load got less. The smell is wonderful though, I love it.

I was thinking about how I used to reach for the plastic wrap, or plastic baggies regularly about a year ago. Now I don't even think about them. It wasn't like I stopped using them on purpose. We ran out and I forgot to get them at the store. I started using re-usable(and recyclable!) plastic containers with lids instead. Now I just say to myself when I'm in the that aisle of the store, "Do I really NEED them?"

Obviously not if I've gone so long without them!! They are convenient but not necessary! It seems really wasteful if you sit down and think about it. Tin foil on the other hand is a must and can be recycled, unless it's totally soiled. Even still I don't feel bad about some of it going to a landfill--it will break down.

Speaking of breaking down, We live in a town home, so cleaning up pet waste gets annoying. I usually keep a bag outside and wait till it's half full before putting it in the trash ON trash day. It's still gross though to have outside waiting to be full. I found this product which I think is ingenious for my scenario--or others with sewer connections and tight outside quarters!It's a flushable doggie bag! I love that idea, because it gets rid of it quick, and the doo-doo goes to a place where it gets cleaned out of the water! It seems like such a "sanitary" solution.

I have to see if they have them at pet smart now.

I also have to say, before I run and get my children out of the mess they've made while I've posted this is:

What and incredibly faithful God we have. Faithful to us when we wonder. He is so faithful to me, and I want to be faithful too.

I'll expound later, there is shrieking going on...

2 comments:

Beck said...

Our God is an AWESOME God! :)

Beck said...

Oh and i stopped using baggies too. Also not on purpose (mostly). It just seems like such a waste of money. We got some store brand plastic containers and they work great! And if I do use a baggie I feel like I need to use it again to get my moneys worth. Sheesh.I also hate when I have a lot of left over soap dispensers. I usually buy refill soap at the store but every now and then I get a dispenser somehow. I'm gonna try that Method brand :)I love your blog. Its fun to "hear" what you think about things. I don't feel like I'm so far away. :)I miss you a lot my friend!!