Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thanksgiving Eve

Things I am thankful for in 2010(in no particular order):

my bathtub
extra virgin olive oil
news that my township has brought recycling levels up 60%*
Potty-trained 20-month-old
Public School Back Up Plans
BROWN RICE PASTA
Bio-degradable plastic trash bags
health
my scheduled phone calls
creeping jenny and all her friends in my pot(see pic)
great deals at target
the ocean
MW2, and now Black Ops**
my Sherpa/faux mink blanket
paint on my basement walls
a new roof
solar powered things
silence
bath robes and slippers
my husband and how far we've come these 6 years
not being allergic to bee stings anymore!
memory foam
conversations about eternity with my son
"tea" and "coffee" made by my daughter
never having to clean up puke--seriously.
new homes for pets
wonderful bible studies
weekend getaways
my pioneer girls
hot and sour soup
walks with a friend on warm summer nights
purex 3-in-1 sheets
Bird-E towels
finally printing off all the pictures for Evie's album
Sufjan Steven's music
"Parenting isn't for Cowards"
the opportunity and privilege to parent my children
the wonderful family I have been blessed with


all the life lessons I've learned--including;
Being sure of important decisions I've made and then realizing I don't know what I am talking about, and getting over the guilt associated with that.

Dealing with issues head on, instead of letting them linger and get way worse.

Assuming the best of people and giving them a chance to redeem themselves!

That forgiveness can sometimes only be possible with the help of Christ who has forgiven an eternally larger wrong than what I am facing.

That making peace isn't always about letting things go, or overlooking problems, but dealing with them correctly--and how freeing that will be.

That sometimes I talk to much about recycling and that may make people even less likely to give it a real try!


Last May



*After the new HUGE bins had been introduced--this according to a man I spoke with from the township
**Because I get to play it with my hubby and I get better every day :) :)

1 comment:

Beck said...

I'm thankful for our friendship! I don't even know what I would do with out you in my life! What a blessing you are to me! xoxo
B :)