Tuesday, June 12, 2007

#1 Car Ride

Hi, I am pretty sure I had a blogspot page before, be it got lost in the world of people stealing passwords and accounts getting deleted and money being transferred from paypal...blah blah blah..anyway I love to read blogs, so I figured I would start one up. Once in a while I blog on myspace, but this is something I'd like to use more frequently and keep up to date! I will be trying to figure out how I can format this and use HTML etc. Hopefully it will keep me more inclined to take photo's off of my camera to keep pictures I post current! Hopefully it will keep my brain challenged and keep me writing things whether poetry, essays or journal entries. I love to write and am going to use this outlet, YAY!
When I was driving today I put together thoughts that were racing through my mind I decided then that I would form them into a poem because they meant something to me. The following is an extremely rough and first copy of them as I get them from my head to anything else. Enjoy.


I am driving down the beautiful roads leading from my house to a friends.
I have the music blaring, Mat Kearney sharing, and my son is content.
I think deeply when I drive longer-than-than-normal trips.
I was lost in the beauty of the trees and hills and flowers and sunniness.
Then I saw a brand new car, that looked so incredibly modern
It reminded me of the future in my mind when I was a child.
I was surrounded by homes, way too close together.
They were too big and too adorned with decor that was just for status.
I wondered how much per square foot each home around me cost
Then I wondered how much less someone would need to live comfortably
and what good someone could do with the difference.
I felt kinda down, kinda sad that people are so wasteful.
Everything we have is so of the future, the cars the toys--everything
Then I saw a boy, and my face lit up
My heart felt light and I came to a stop
He was hopping over a guardrail with a fishing pole in hand
He was dressed oversized boys clothes and cap
he made me so happy to see he could be happy in this modern age with simple fun
something people have done since the beginning of time.


That's what I got. I'll fix it eventually. I will also keep adding to my movie's to watch list.
Goodnight!

1 comment:

Beck said...

I know I'm so annoying commenting on all your old blog entries. :) I just LOVE looking back and reading what you wrote back then. This was before I even knew you were blogging! It amazes me that you've been doing this so long. This is such a new thing for me. I love your poems and i think its fun that you sometime use this as an outlet for them. I miss you! xoxo