Wednesday, June 13, 2007

today

Asa needs to go for a nap. I need to turn Keane off. I need a haircut. I am making meatloaf and mashed potatoes for dinner. I wish I had the Green with Envy frozen veggie mix from Trader Joe's to go with our meal.

I've gotten to Ruth in my reading so far this year. I am behind in schedule of reading the entire bible in one year but I am still plowing ahead nonetheless. At first I tried to go by a chronological schedule on
but then I fell behind and almost gave up, feeling overwhelmed. Somehow I decided to change who I am and keep going anyway even though I am behind. It's feels great now, not like a chore, and I get more out of reading!

Real quickly, whoever thinks the God of the old testament is harsh and scary and unforgiving...hasn't really read the old testament. I find him a fair loving and graceful God. He gave his people more than enough chances even though they all deserved death! It only makes sense that Christ would come from(and be) this kind of God. Before I read the old testament(or some of it) thoroughly I always felt that the God of the old testament really was scary and irrational. It was a thorn in my side when I tried to make sense of my faith sometimes. I feel so blessed and happy and spoken to through these few months of studying.

Here are some pictures of my boys at a recent church picnic!


1 comment:

Me said...

That is just adorable!