Tuesday, November 27, 2007

yum

I was just looking at this website that gives you the calories per serving for almost any food you can think of. It even had restaurant's versions of different foods. Thats the reason I thought about a place in NYC where I worked as a temp, during a breakfast promotion. It was called Pret a Manger and it was a blast to work at just for a few days, during the coldest days of early 2003. I even had a cool uniform to wear(although I didn't dig the hat). My job was to walk around with samples from their breakfast menu from about 7:30 to noon a couple days a week. (One day I also had to stand outside in the insane blustery winds and angry crowds of running people to hand out coffee coupons)
ANYWAY!
The samples were breakfast wraps, some were southwestern eggs, one was like an Italian style one with sausage and THEN came the "Dulce de Leche" I don't know why it was called this considering that Dulce de Leche is an ingredient in it, but definitely not alone. It was a french baguette with thinly sliced banana pasted on with Crème fraîche and then the Dulce de leche. The baguette was sliced into a-little-larger-than bite sized pieces and it was delicious!

No comments: