Sunday, July 29, 2007

back



It's been a while since I've last posted because a lot has happened. We returned from our beach vacation. We bought a new car ~!! Oh and our computer crashed.


Thats of course the real reason I haven't written in a while. All is well though, we are all healthy except for a recovering double ear infection in Asa. Unfortunately he was sick throughout the vacation and let everyone know how he felt. The weather was wonderful, we all got very tan and had a very relaxing time.


The new car is awesome, it's a Honda Pilot and it's silver, we fit so well now. The friday before we left for Ocean City I was driving around doing last minute errands when my car started making a strange noise. I just started thinking about how I needed to make the long(ish) drive to the shore in it and then I started to think about how squished we would be. So I drove home and told Mark(who had the day off for school) that I would really love a new CRV. I asked him if we could run over to the Honda dealership and shop around just in case we see something to take on vacation. Well it was a crazy time but we did it! Then our trip to the beach was so LONG but comfortable. it took us 4.5 hours when it normally takes 1.5!!

Anyway we're home. Mark turned 30 last week and we surprised him with a family and close friend party at his parents. It went so nicely! After barely any notice so many of his childhood friends were able to make it for burgers and dogs and a great cake!

Tomorrow is the start of our church VBS. We have Tyler this week so it will be really nice. I am a crew leader(supposedly) but I might be doing other things instead. Hopefully Asa will do well. I am pretty excited, our church theme is Avalanche Ranch. The funny thing about that is almost every church with a VBS is doing the same theme...even in Ocean City!!

We're at my parents now after a nice church service and sunday school class. It's sunny and warm and we're probably going to swim.

2 comments:

sUsAn said...

Very cool!!! I didn't realize that you had a blog (followed your link on myspace)! Happy belated b-day to Mark!

MOM said...

I love coming here to see what is going on. :) the photos are so cute, too. How about an Almond Cheescake with Fresh Peaches for the #2 birthday cake? Well, if not, Fresh Peach Salsa is a MUST! lol I have some neat menu ideas...