Wednesday, April 30, 2008

guessing game

I saw my doctor yesterday. I am dilated 1.5 cm, so thats enough for me to be induced this friday. Unfortunately it's still an elective induction so I don't get priority. I am hoping and praying that it will be a slow day at the labor and delivery unit and they will not have to bump me to next week! Baby is still head down, but also still easily able to float around. She turns a lot I believe..I can feel hiccups up top or down below on different days. Doctor said she has had two babies actually flip during delivery, so she knows its possible. I think it's kind of funny, but hopefully she will maintain the correct position for everything to go smoothly. I really hope I can have her this Friday!

I bought her a baby book yesterday. It records 5 years and is nice because it's not overly detailed. Asa's book included way too many things to record. So I felt like I was enslaved to it, then if I didn't remember a certain thing I felt like a horrible mom! This book is really cute too; it's an Anne Geddes book, with really cute antiqued photos.

I want to go to the car wash today and vaccuum out the car. It might be a bit difficult to do that, but I want to get it done before baby. It's amazing how many things there are to get ready. I hope it gets a bit warmer out today.

On Saturday we had a No-Cost Thrift Shop and free lunch at church. I manned the children's clothing room, with another lady and watched in amazement as around 200 people made there way through our little church and filled there bags with all the donated duds. The clothes were very nice and the food was great. It was such an experience to see all the people in need and to know how blessed I am and see ways to reach out. This big baby belly of mine was a blessing in and of itself as it opened up many conversations with other young moms and anyone else who was mortified--i mean surprised by it's size lol. I really hope we touched some people and that we can do it again some time. It really was incredible to see how many people came out for our first time!

Lot's of Laundry to do. Drycleaners...Dishes..:) gotta get ready!

1 comment:

Life's Ups and Downs said...

I'm not gonna lie, I was kinda thrilled to get my first comment :) The beach will be nice too because Evie won't be too teeny tiny, she'll be traveling size at least.

You are a trooper! Hopefully you will be able to have her this Friday.

There's just something about summer that always seems to be special. Maybe I'm saying that because I'm sick of the cold.

Praying for you, Kate

p.s. Just so you know, you look cute pregnant b/c your belly is big but you're so tiny everywhere else. It really is cute.